12-30-08 Agenda

Open Agenda
December 30, 2008

  1. Approval of 12-23-08 meeting notes [Andrea] As far as I know, there was no meeting on 12-23 [Ian]
  2. Disappearence of Home page and table of contents from top bar menu [Ian]
  3. Discussion of Richard's recent interest and possible meeting with him on 1-13-09
  4. Wiki Administrator [Ian]
  5. A letter of welcome to steering committee members
  6. Additional steering members?
  7. MERLOT Training web workshop on January 6th [Anil]
  8. Addition of INCTR PPT presentations to Merlot [Ian]
  9. iBharti status [Anil]
  10. Center for Health Informatics at JHU MCC [Anil]
  11. Funding OERC. Please review http://funding.wikidot.com that Anil has created for the purpose [Anil]
  12. Discuss Andrea Okrentowich's role (see my thinking) [Anil]
  13. Disclosure regarding AcrossWorld [Anil]

Old Business
1. Discussion of role of INCTR-USA in OERC
2. OERC Websites
3. Project summary
4. A review of the steering committee to date
5. Information item: Paul Kleihuis and PubCan
6. Continuing to add to and update partners list
7. Finalizing newsletter
8. Finalizing letter to contributing partners with logo, letterhead, links, etc.
9. Discussion of funding strategy: WBank, Hewlett, Pharma, other Foundations, etc.
10. Activating OERC.MERLOT site and transferring items from INCTR OERC page

NOTES:

1. Minutes
Decision: Approved

2. Disappearence of Home page and table of contents from top bar menu
Discussion: Andrea emailed Anuja about the site.

Decision: Email Anuja again and cc Stephan.

3. Discussion of Richard's recent interest and possible meeting with him on 1-13-09
Discussion: There are 2 meetings on the 6th - our regular 11am and training at 1pm. Andrea invited Richard to a meeting on the 13th.

Decision: We will create a sub-agenda for Richard's part of the meeting which will include INCTR-USA and Funding - as well as INCTR-USA being a possible contributor.
- Anil will send an invite today.

4. A letter of welcome to steering committee members

Discussion: We could work together on the draft and Larry draft. Larry will sign it. Dianne offered to assist Larry
Decision: Larry and Dianne will work on welcome letter.

5. Additional steering members?

Discussion: We discussed various people who may be a good fit for the steering committee. A vote was taken to add members.
Possibilities included Karen, Raj Shah, Richard Pastell and Robert Burton (a surgeon working on cancer control).
Dianne also mentioned Tom Fahey and Elmer Puerto (immediate past pres. of the American Cancer Society)
Decision: Karen, Raj Shah, Richard Pastell and Robert Burton were accepted on the steering committee.
-We need to write down what is expected of steering committee members. We also need to write expectations down of other members; ie. executive committee members
- Andrea will make synopsis of expectations

6. MERLOT Training web workshop on January 6th

Discussion: We need to put material on MERLOT before the 6th to try it out.

7. Addition of INCTR PPT presentations to Merlot

Discussion: Gerry suggested that we try it. Ian will upload his ppt materials.

Decision: Split the uploads between Andrea and Anil.

8. iBharti status

Discusison: Raj has decided to close iBharti Foundation but CTIS will continue. Also, INCTR - Brussels does not require 501(c)3. As of 12- 31-08 iBharti will no longer exist.

Decision: Any docs. that refer to iBharti will now be changed to CTIS.

9. Center for Health Informatics at JHU MCC

Discussion: January - take a semantic look with CTIS to work with Hopkins on CHI to meet Vision 2030.
A lot of Anil's time will be spent on CHI activities. He will continue with CTIS but will not have much involvement in the running of the company. We will however still get tech assistance from CTIS
-Whatever is available to CTIS will be available to OERC.

10. Funding OERC. Please review http://funding.wikidot.com that Anil has created for the purpose

Discussion: This page is for Andrea and Anil's research on funding.

11. Discuss Andrea Okrentowich's role (see my thinking

Discussion: Andrea is the owner of her own business Creative Nonprofit Solutions. Anil will assign part of her work to OERC. We need to determine her role in OERC and assign a designation. Andrea should be funded as key personnel through future funding.

Decision: A vote was taken, Andrea's title for OERC is: OERC Executive Coordinator.
This will be changed in the newsletter.

12. Disclosure regarding AcrossWorld

Discussion: AW was started in 1998. Stephan worked with open source platform - and decided to start the a company and using the name AcrossWorld and using some partners. - Anil and Stephan interested CTU of AW. Dianne wondered about becoming strategic partners of AW. CTIS and MERLOT are strategic partners. A partnership can be created for platform and delivery in terms of content.

Decision: Stephan will send information on AcrossWorld to OERC members.

OLD BUSINESS:

1. INCTR-US - funding

Discussion: We could change the structure to include OERC.

Decision: We need to discuss this via wiki or next week before the meeting with Richard.

2. OERC Websites

Discussion: Andrea and Rita will be working together after the 6th.

3. Project summary

Decision: Replace iBharti with CTIS

4. A review of the steering committee to date

Discussion: Need steering committee member list finished.

5. Information item: Paul Kleihuis and PubCan
Discussion: Nothing new. The site should come online for public access after the first of January.
It should contain massive amounts of information on all cancers.
Dianne asked if the MERLOT site is working. We still need the signature page and need to follow-up with Martin.

6. Continuing to add to and update partners list
N/A

7. Finalizing newsletter

Discussion: The steering committee info is critical and will include Andrea. We will change to 2009 but include 2008 progress. Anil suggested that we leaving the SC list as is w/o additions.

Decision:Dianne stated that we need to fix the titles of members. Anil will do that before the 31st of December. The Chicago mtg. list had correct info so Anil will make a page on the wiki and Andrea can send the information to Dianne.

8. Finalizing letter to contributing partners with logo, letterhead, links, etc.
Decision: Post letterhead on wiki for review.

9. Discussion of funding strategy: WBank, Hewlett, Pharma, other Foundations, etc.
N/A

10. Activating OERC.MERLOT site and transferring items from INCTR OERC page
N/A

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License

Subscription expired — please renew

Pro account upgrade has expired for this site and the site is now locked. If you are the master administrator for this site, please renew your subscription or delete your outstanding sites or stored files, so that your account fits in the free plan.