August 18, 2009

Dial-in Number: +1-218-339-2626
Participant Access Code: 869851

Agenda

  • OLD BUSINESS
  • OERC.MERLOT.ORG update

Arrangements with INCTR for coordination of weekly calls and publishing the newsletter.

  • Change in Anil Srivastava's institutional affiliation.
  • Newsletter update
  • Funding update
  • Steering committee update and proposed additional members:

Tom Fahey[MSKCC], Karen Antman[BU], Kevin Cullen[UMDCC], Bikram Paul[WCI], Martin Malawer[WCI], Jon Maybaum[U. Mich], Paul Kleihuis[NETH], Robert Burton[AUS], ?Stuart Bell[ONIX]
NEW BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING[S]

Notes
Ian
Dianne
Larry
Anil
Julie

  • Provide lead OERC article in next INCTR's newsflash.
  • Send the OERC newsletter material to Dianne.
  • Two sessions TBD November 12, 17 and 19.

Date: 18/08/2009
Time: 5 pm-6 pm (11 am to 12 noon EST on Tuesdays ; 5 pm GMT+1)
Participants: Lawrence S. Lessin, Dianne Kaseman, Anil Srivastava, Ian Magrath, Julie Estal

1. Emails/Communication (Anil, Larry)

• Anil will send the note he drafted about opening a G-mail account to have @inctr.org email addresses to the INCTR team in Brussels again
• Larry will make available the list of persons who expressed an interest in OERC at the Antalya meeting

2. Newsletter (Dianne)

• Dianne will send the final version of the OERC Newsletter to the meeting participants, as several versions appear on the OERC wiki site.

• How should we proceed? There are several options:
- Publish a lead article about the launch of the OERC website in the next INCTR Newsflash issue? (which may be the easiest and quickest thing to do right now)
- Publish a special issue of the INCTR Newsflash about OERC? (this would be the second easiest thing that could be done. It could replace a regular edition, or be sent separately)
- Keep the OERC Newsletter quite separate? This raises several issues:
- Would we have enough materials to include in a monthly/quarterly Newsletter?
- This would require somebody managing subscribers. It could be done by INCTR, but subscriber lists would probably need to be kept separate since they would change somewhat over time
- Would there be a desire to have a similar system to INCTR – i.e.., publish longer versions of individual news items on a website – if so, whether this could be connected with the present OERC/Merlot site or with an existing or new wiki.
- Should OERC use a different user’s account from INCTR?

Final decisions will be made at the next meeting by which time the Newsletter should be finished.

3. Funding opportunities (Anil, Julie)

• Anil mentioned that he has established an Open Health Systems Lab in Rockville in facilities controlled by Johns Hopkins University and is exploring funding possibilities with the World Bank and caBIG that could encompass both OHSL and OERC.
• Anil has met with Dr Rayal of the National Library of Medicine
• Julie will send the results of her web research about small scale funding opportunities for OERC to committee members

4. INCTR Steering/Advisory Committee (Larry, Anil)

• Larry mentioned the list of the proposed new members of the steering committee that all had agreed should be invited and will send letters of invitation
• The suggestion was made that the Steering Committee is enlarging and does not function as a Steering committee, hence should probably be renamed as the Advisory Committee. There was general agreement on this.
• The possibility of organizing a virtual meeting for Advisory Committee members this fall, preferably in November, was discussed. Anil will work on the logistics for this meeting. Given the broad international scatter of committee members and the problem of time differences, the group favored the notion of having two meetings (possibly a week apart) that could be timed to be in working hours in two separate geographic zones. Information about OERC would be sent in advance to participants to these meetings, together with an agenda. The meeting length would be approximately 1-1.5 hours and would include an initial formal component that followed a specific agenda and a second component that would consist of a discussion forum.

5. Anil’s affiliation

• Anil announced that he will stop working for CTIS on August, 31st. He will then officially join INCTR.

The next conference call will take place on:
Tueday, September, 1st, 2009
Time: 5 pm-6 pm (11 am to 12 noon EST on Tuesdays ; 5 pm GMT+1)

Please don’t forget to send your ideas for the agenda of this meeting on this wiki site.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License

Subscription expired — please renew

Pro account upgrade has expired for this site and the site is now locked. If you are the master administrator for this site, please renew your subscription or delete your outstanding sites or stored files, so that your account fits in the free plan.